Obagi Skincare for Acne Treatment
WHAT CAUSES ACNE & SCARS
A very common skin disorder, it is estimated that acne can affect up to 75% of 11- to 30-year-olds on at least one occasion. There can be several reasons that cause the development of acne, including stress and anxiety, menstrual cycles, a humid climate, and even prematurely “popping” pimples!
Most of the time, pimples grow on the face, back, chest, shoulders or neck. They occur when follicles are blocked by sebum produced by the skin’s oil glands, resulting in a build-up that swells up when it is infected.
HOW CAN IT BE TREATED?
We are happy to introduce this line of Obagi skin care treatments, which effectively combats several skin disorders, including acne and scarring. A prescription strength treatment for acne, the Obagi CLENZIderm System can reach the deep skin layers where the follicles are to treat acne at the root. It contains a form of solubised, patented benzoyl peroxide (5%).
Depending on your skin type, you can choose from two different systems – normal to dry skin or normal to oily skin. It is a straightforward three-step Obagi acne therapy that has been doctor approved. In addition, it can penetrate follicles effectively to cause a significant reduction in existing acne, as well as potentially stopping future breakouts.
Normal to Dry System consists of:
- Daily Care Cream Cleanser – This is a non-soap cleanser that is very gentle on the skin, removing all excess oil and dirt to keep your skin soft and clean
- Therapeutic Lotion – It targets acne at its roots, penetrating the follicles to reach it which helps to greatly reduce the amount of bacteria causing acne
- Therapeutic Moisturiser – This protects, calms and soothes your skin as it forms a breathable barrier, and simultaneously hydrated skin to avoid loss of moisture
Normal to Oily System consists of:
- Daily Care Foaming Cleanser – Removes all excess oil and dirt, cleansing and refreshing your skin
- Pore Therapy – Helps to remove dead skin cells and unclogs pores, preparing your skin for effective absorption of a serum that targets acne
- Therapeutic Lotion – This protects, calms and soothes your skin as it forms a breathable barrier, and simultaneously hydrated skin to avoid loss of moisture
BEFORE / AFTER