Candela GentleYAG Laser For Spider/Fine Vein Removal
WHAT CAUSES SPIDER VEINS / FINE VEINS
Spider veins, also known as fine veins or broken capillaries, are a web of blue or red veins that form and appear to spread over the face, legs or other body parts. These blood vessels are superficial and have been dilated, similar to varicose veins, but do not affect or cause medical problems. However, they may be unsightly to some.
This is caused by increased pressure in the veins, and will become more and more common as you continue to age. Spider veins tend to run in the family, but other causes include obesity, standing for long periods of time, history of blood clots or even birth control pills. It is estimated that about 30-60% of adults suffer from spider veins, and also tends to affect more women than men.
HOW CAN IT BE TREATED?
Laser technology has been utilised to treat the issue of spider veins over the last 10 years. The GentleYAG laser system allows for an adjustable pulse width, while its cooling device helps to soothe skin and drastically reduce the stinging discomfort usually caused by sclerotherapy (vein injection).
The “pulse-and-swing” technique is used by our doctors at Premier Clinic, with a cold sponge usually applied following each pulse to cool the target area as well as reduce discomfort. As more and more body parts are completed, cold gel packs are applied to reduce skin redness and swelling. The results tend to last for a considerable amount of time, up to 10 years in some cases.
WHY CHOOSE GENTLEYAG LASER SYSTEM?
The GentleYAG laser system offers many advantages over other types of treatment such as sclerotherapy including:
- Skin is never pierced or damaged by needles as only laser beams are used
- No saline injections, and non-invasive treatment
- No risk of allergic reactions
- No bruising, aching or muscle cramps usually associated with sclerotherapy
- Easy to treat smaller or tiny spider veins
- Swift and simple laser procedure
- Computer controlled technology minimises the risk of any complications
- Treatment is affordably priced compared to other techniques and treatments
BEFORE / AFTER